Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lover

Ever so delicately, you grazed your fingertips across my freckled skin.
Hesitant, as if you were afraid you’d pull on one of my petals and tear me apart.
Your hot breath raised the hairs on the back of my neck and I shivered, causing goosebumps to appear all over my body.
You traced your finger down my chest, right above my heart and placed your palm right above my racing heartbeat.
Before I knew it, you had pulled back and dug into every layer of me.
Through skin, flesh, blood, and organ; you dug deeper and deeper until you clasped your strong hand around my heart.
You pulled it out with ease and I watched a smirk fall across your lips.
I fell to my knees, gasping for air, screaming in agony as I examined the thick blood covering every inch of my trembling body.
You wrapped your arms around me, tucking a thin strand of my honey colored hair behind my ear.
You pressed your soft, sweet lips to my ear and held them there.
I felt the smirk widen.
You whispered,
“I love you.”
- m.z.

No comments:

Post a Comment